Applications are invited for the position of a lecturer in data literacy, data analytics and data science at the National University of Singapore. The successful candidate will be appointed on a full-time, renewable position on the NUS Educator Track scheme, hosted in the first instance by a unit of the Office of the Senior Deputy President and Provost acting as incubator for critical general education courses. The primary responsibility of the successful candidate in the first instance is the design and implementation of continual updates to the general education module in data literacy GEA1000, which teaches data sense-making across general application domains, from healthcare and consumer insights to public policy making, and equips students with data handling and visualisation skills drawing on real-world datasets. The successful candidate will be required to immediately draw and execute plans to further enhance content and pedagogy, and further raise the technology-enhanced teaching & learning aspects of the course. Roles and responsibilities may be expanded in due course through the academic programme departments.
Start date: As soon as possible, for implementation in semester 1 of AY2022/2023
PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Competency in data science and analytics, and their applications to wide variety of domains
- Competency in data analysis software, such as EXCEL, Python or R
- Experience in teaching quantitative modules at the university level, particularly general education modules
- Experience in developing university courses, pedagogy and content
- Experience in technology-enhanced teaching & learning tools
- Potential to coordinate and lead a teaching team delivering the module(s)
- Interest in academic interactions across university disciplines
- Prior experience in disciplinary and/or pedagogical research
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Scanned copies of academic degrees
- Teaching statement
- Two referee letters
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of the Sr Dy President & Provost
Department : General Education Unit
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16165